Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello 2013!!

Happy New Year! So glad to see you rang it in, and survived the zombie apocalypse. Okay really that didn't happen, but I did wait until Dec 21 to see if the world was going to end first in Australia. Then I heard that it was 2PM ET. Who knew the Myans were on a time zone clock?! Well, luckily the world didn't end and we had a fantastic holiday with friends and family who joined together at our house.

Did you make resolutions? I made some on my last birthday, so I didn't feel the need to make any at the start of the new calendar year. After all, birthdays are really a time for renewal. Some of mine include weight management (which is seriously out of control), complete unfinished projects, volunteer more, get photos on the walls, be a better wife/mom, grow my love/faith in the Lord, and breathe. Really Breathe.

I received a Cricut machine for Christmas from my mom. (thank you, again!!) If you don't know what it is, it's a machine that cuts out images that are preprogrammed on to cartridges. There are any where from 40-700 images, depending on the cartridge. (Lucky for me, I also have a good friend who has one, and has let me borrow her cartridges.) Think dye-cut images, only with a tiny knife. This machine cuts virtually any size image that you want. I had picked up some black contact paper from Amazon to make some decals for my kitchenaid mixer.

So what do you think? My sister received her mixer for Christmas, and I am making her some in purple. What words would you use?
 
The boys are back in school, reluctantly. Both were sick over the holiday and still not feeling 100% today. But it means that I can try to get this house back in to some working order.
 
Share your resolutions and ideas for the mixer decals in the comments, won't you?
 
Have a blessed year, and thank you for stopping by!
 
t

 

No comments: